TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This competition is open to all residents of the UK, Isle of Man and Channel Islands aged 18 or over, excluding employees and immediate families of St Stephen's and all other promotional partners, their agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion, entering online.
2. The competition is open to all who qualify under these Terms & Conditions.
3. Only one entry per individual permitted. Organised group, bulk or automatically generated entries are not permitted. Entries must not be sent through agents or third parties - any such entries will be deemed invalid.
4. No purchase is necessary to enter this draw.
5. To enter simply email your name, address, contact details, photograph and less than 50 words as requested. By entering this competition you state you have read and accept these Terms & Conditions, for which the closing date is Thursday 18th September at 8pm, any entries received after such time will be ineligible for entry into this prize draw.
6. Incomplete, illegible entries or any entry which does not comply with these Terms & Conditions or any other entry instructions, will not be accepted. St Stephen's will not be responsible for any entries not received due to defacing or illegibility.
7. There is one prize to be won which is to be styled by Nicky Hambleton-Jones on 20th September, clothes not included in prize.
8. There is no cash alternative to the prizes and the prizes are non-transferable.
9. St Stephen's reserves the right to offer alternative prizes to the equivalent or greater value, should the prizes detailed become unavailable.
10. The winner will be drawn at random from qualifying entries on or Friday 19th September under the supervision of an independent observer. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The prize draw winners will be notified by telephone on the draw date.
11. By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Entrants accept that if they win, St Stephen's will have the right, without additional payment or permission, to use their name and likeness in announcing the winners and ask them to take part in publicity relating to this promotion. All entry instructions form part of the Terms & Conditions. Entrants to the competition agree to their photograph being published online and in printed publications.
12. By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to consent to the transfer of their personal data by the St Stephen's Centre as Data Controller to the Promoter and Promoter's agents and contractors for all purposes connected to the administration of this free prize draw and Fashionsita competition.
13. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
14. The winner needs to be available on Saturday 20th September between 9am and 6pm at St Stephen's, Hull.
Fashion - Nicky Hambleton-Jones Celebrates St Stephens 1st Birthday in Style
Nicky Hambleton-Jones, TV's 10 Years Younger presenter will be bringing her sense of style to St Stephen's in celebration of the new high street's first birthday event, 1st for Fashion. On Saturday 20th September Nicky will be styling Hull's fashion conscious of all ages, joining street entertainers, make-up artists and musicians at the party finale following a week of activities.
Fashion - St. Stephens Summer Style Tour
St Stephen's Summer Style Tour kicked off a month of events on Friday 8th August.
If your Summer is a bit more sad than smiley, take yourself down to
St Stephen's and see if the sun shines through.
Along with the Summer Style Tour, St Stephen's are running a
Random Acts of Kindness month. If you are approached by a member of St Stephen's staff, make friends,
Fashion - St. Stephen's SPLITTY - Keep an Eye Out!
The original St Stephen's Centre 60's split screen camper van is letting everyone in on the fashion and style secrets across the region, as the Summer Style Tour starts up at the Cottingham Springboard Festival on Friday 8th August before coming to place near you during August.
If your hair is more akin to a mop than a model and you look more cat clawed than catwalk
get yourself to the green
Fashion - Bulge, Bottoms and Breasts - The Biggest Body Concerns for Men and Women in Hull are Revealed ...
A massive 65% in Yorkshire and Humberside are unhappy with their bodies,
Both men and women are most unhappy with their tummy,
More are unhappy with their breasts than any other region,
More are happy with their thighs than any other region,
An in-depth poll of 2000 men and women nationwide, undertaken by respected independent research agency GFK NOP
Fashion - Monday 31st March 08 - Runway Fashion Show at Limelight Bar By Annie Wykes
Bohemia really stepped up their game at Limelight on Monday night,
presenting some fabulously eye-catching designs at their Runway show.
With the triumphant new label Marquito&Blowman well on the way, Suzie
and Helen have launched their Spring/Summer 2008 collections into a sure success.
Their first collection, Warrior, showcased some extravagant designs
showing their capabilities in ruffles,
Advertorial - Space ...The Final Fashion Frontier
thisisUll.com And Space Clothing Join Forces To Bring You a
Special Online Offer Exclusive To thisisUll.com Readers.Space Clothing has been around for quite some time. Since 1993, in fact.
And since then, it has been a staple part of the fashion scene here in Hull.
After relocating to 84 Newland Avenue late last year,
Fashion - Dressed up to the "K" nines By Jo Allison
It might not be over the top as L.A. or be home to the ludicrously lavish lifestyles of Paris Hilton, but Beverley can proudly boast that it's home to some wonderfully, well-dressed dogs. Just take a look inside the wonderfully doggy dressing up box, situated down Lairgate, Beverley. The Dog Shop is the fashionable dog owner's best-friend.
When I stopped by, I
Fashion - My Day as a Model By Annie Wykes Photos By Mo
Right, well to start off, I'm not a model at all and was really nervous about
doing this modelling for Bekki, a Second Year Fashion Journalism degree Student, who studies in Epsom but is actually from Hull. I've always wanted to be a model and today I had my chance to get some experience in a photo shoot and so I took it up.
For around a week before the shoot I had to drink loads of water
Fashion - Out With the New, In With the Old By Bekki Stephenson
The idea of wearing old clothing as new developed in the mid 1960s.
The idea of mass production was wearing thin among the trendy youths and so they began to
search for clothing that made them stand out from the crowd, scouring one-off boutiques,
flea markets and thrift shops.
As a reaction to this newly acquired vintage vogue the 1970s became the era of the
Fashion - An Interview With Cherona Blacksell, Fashion Designer By Bekki Stephenson
It is often a false preconception that coming from Hull makes things slightly more difficult, opportunity wise, to get into the fashion industry. This has always angered me. Granted, Hull is not the trendiest of fashion hotspots about, but as I hope ThisisUll's fashion pages are proving, there is certainly a lot more out there than meets the eye.
So in an eager hope to promote
Fashion - Living With... Large Thighs By Jo Allison
As summer shines upon us, I breathe a sigh, and not one of relief; tights are officially over.
For another season I must succumb the general public to my wobbling white flesh, nylon
coverings are just far too warm.
As a baby, I was evidently very well fed, as they say breast is best, and as a result,
I grew alarmingly large as a child. Looking back at old primary school
Fashion - Boys Catch The Beauty Bug By Bekki Stephenson
Gone are the days when men got home from work, gave themselves a quick dousing with
soap and water only to appear in the local five minutes later.
Today, as the male population thrust themselves into the 21st century a seemingly
more rigorous hygiene routine is in place.
It is not just systematic personal hygiene that is top priority in the noughties
Fashion - Hulls Next Top Model? Well, Perhaps Not ... By Jo Allison
As an aspiring fashion journalist I was wiggling around with excitement when my friend Lucy asked me to doing some modelling for a fashion designer friend of hers..I just wasn't entirely prepared for the whole model experience.
Two o'clock on a Tuesday afternoon and I'm nervously waiting at Beverley bus station for my friend to arrive. Sunglasses on, little wheelie suitcase in hand.
Fashion - Punk; Thirty Years On By Bekki Stephenson
Thirty years ago, gig tickets cost 50p, a pint of beer 15p and 20 cigarettes 30p.
There were only three television channels, all of which shut down at midnight and
the greatest fashion accessories were 4-inch, break-your-neck platforms.
Indeed, in 1976 the world of iPods, satellite navigation, X boxes, and video phones
seemed almost impossible. Perhaps not half
Fashion - A Voyage of Vintage Discovery In Hull By Jo Allison
The world's fashion capitals have never to my knowledge once included the lovely
English northern city of Hull, but perhaps this is about to change.
Hull, not notorious for its fashion sense (unless you are a fan of extensive
gold jewellery, tracksuits with the obligatory tucked in socks or small scraps
of brightly coloured lycra masquerading as tops) has always had a underground
Fashion - A Bohemian Revolution By Jo Allison Photographs by Cilla, Fashion Show Gallery at Lattitude 27th February 2006 by Paul Broadbent
A little shop of heaven, just down Newland Ave.
Jo had been traipsing around Hull for three hours and rummaged through just about every
clothing rail in Hull.
She had a big night out coming up that weekend and needed that elusive fashionista party dress.
The only problem was she really couldn't find a thing.
She dreamed of looking like a model,
Fashion - Plump Those 'Lovely Lady Lumps!' By Jo Allison
Just when you thought you were going to have to shell out thousands and go under the knife to get that bouncy JLo bottom...
Hallelujah for the "Falke Foam Buttocks!" However, if padded briefs seem a bit too
excessive; take a look at six of the gentler ways to get that "just had surgery look".
No pain, no gain, or so the saying goes. For decades women have been living up to
Fashion - If You Haven't Got it, Flaunt It By Jo Allison
David Bailey's most recent project, Democracy, takes a frank, naked view of the real human body. Just what we need in our aesthetically obsessed society.
For too long now skinny has been beautiful, airbrushing a prerequisite.
The fashion world is perhaps one of the worst culprits for warping our perception
of the human body, but the latest offering from
Fashion - Trendy Traditionalists By Jo Allison
Lost your patriotic sense of what it means to be British? Do not despair.
As Gordon Brown urges us to celebrate Britain, Jo Allison re-introduces us to our classically cool English Heritage, from traditional tea to quaint seaside holidays.
Queuing is undoubtedly an extremely English, if somewhat boring occurrence.
However, it can be rather enlightening.
While queuing in the Post Office, I
Fashion - Platform News By Bekki Stephenson
From disco-inspired, glittering soles to five-inch wooden heels, platform shoes are destined to get you noticed.
It is no surprise then that they were all over the catwalk this season.
From post-war inspired cork soles to seventies inspired disco-classics, the runway was flooded with
platform shoes this season. After so many seasons of flowing, dainty designs a
shift towards a style less
Fashion - Fur Goodness Sake By Bekki Stephenson
Supermodel Elle McPherson has backed out of a £1 million contract with luxury
fur company Blackglama over fears that she will be targeted by anti-fur extremists.
But should we really ban fur? Or are we being manipulated by anti-fur movements?
I like fur. I don't wear it very often, partly due to the unforgiving looks of
those from the I'd rather go nakedRead more...
Fashion - Sharon's Fashion Page
Yeah it's Sharon here, Sharon Saxby in fact, though with my special interest in jewellery
I suppose I should be called Sharon Stone.
That was a joke.
Anyway. Here I am with my new exciting fashion page, featuring all the latest
trends from our estate. I can guarantee you'll find something here that you wouldn't
Fashion - Revolver: When Mod meets Modification By Daniel Laney
The new vintage clothing shop set to make a big impact in Hull city centre.
Trinity Market, Hull (Opposite Trinity Church. Mon - Sat 9am-5pm)
When the terms Retro or Vintage are linked with clothes, thoughts of over priced charity shop
fabrics and the smell of musty damp cupboards rapidly come to mind.
Fashion - Looking Good for a Makeover at Les Ciseaux
Les Ciseaux Salon is jointly owned and run by sisters Karen Grant and Cheryl Boulton, aided by Jeannie. Karen is a stylist with 19 years experience in the business and it was her job to make my hair look gorgeous! Cheryl, the salons resident beauty therapist was going to do her best with my face!
Some of Hulls local young talent showed what they were made of last Monday (4th August) in a bright and vibrant summertime bonanza at the Welly club, Beverley Road.
The late-night fashion show was organised by young designer Holly Cryan, who also featured an original collection made under her own label, 'love from holly'. Also supporting the event were designer Emma Lou and with 2 of his current collections in the show, Phil from Rockerfellas Boutique in the Hepworth Arcade in Hull.